Target Group: Nautical Officers, Captains, Shore-based nautical staff
Teaching Method: IT class, Simulator
Legal Foundations: ISM Code, flag state requirements, vetting inspection
Preface: The ECDIS systems on board of ocean going vessels are a substantial prerequisite for captains and watchkeeping officers as a primary navigational aid. To fulfil all watchkeeping aspects users have to be prepared/trained for the ship specific ECDIS system.
Objectives: Type specific familiarization for a safe and efficient ship operation.
- System familiarization/configuration
- Description of menu structure
- Route planning, route monitoring
- Safety settings
- Chart installation, updating and licensing
- Avoiding misinterpretation
- Recognizing and solving malfunctions
- Preparation for port state control/vetting inspection
Certificate: ECDIS type specific course certificate issued by MET and approved by manufacturers.