Target Group: Nautical Officers, Captains, shore-based personnel
Course Duration: 2 days
Teaching Method: Simulator, seminar Preface
Navigating ships in low temperature areas and/or in ice covered waters requires from the crew a comprehensive preknowledge to prevent ice related incidents, damages, engine faults, delays or loss of life.
Basic skills: fundamental understanding of hazards when operating ships in low temperature areas and/or in ice covered waters.
Advanced skills: practical ship handling training under various ice and traffic conditions to increase the situational awareness and ice hazardous understanding.
- Superstructure icing effects.
- Ice definitions and terms.
- Ice navigation in the Baltic Sea.
- Legal aspects and requirements.
- Ice chart handling.
- Handling ships in ice under various conditions.
- Ice breaker assistance.
- Situational awareness and risk assessment.
- Ships readiness for ice navigation.
- Hazardous identification.